TAX SERVICES GROUP
Status: Staff Accountant – Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA Preferred or working toward CPA license
Experience: 0-5 Years
Heffler, Radetich & Saitta LLP, founded in 1941, is a full-service regional CPA and consulting firm located in CenterCity Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are now celebrating our 80th year in business! Our clients include S Corporations, C Corporations, Partnerships, trusts, estates, not-for-profit organizations, and high-net-worth individuals and family groups. We have an immediate opening for a Tax Accountant Associate in our Tax Services Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare income tax returns for S Corp, Partnership, C Corp, individual and fiduciary clients by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Assist with review of federal, state, local and special tax returns.
- Conduct tax research including documentation and codification of facts and conclusions.
- Mentor and train junior level staff on tax projects and concepts.
- Work with the engagement team to consult and service clients to make recommendations and serve as a business advisor.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- If not already obtained, work toward obtaining a CPA license
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA license preferred, or working toward license.
- 0-5 years of public accounting experience and tax return preparation.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of accounting and tax rules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) report and writing tools, GoSystem Tax Software, RIA, QuickBooks, CCH or Thomson Reuters Engagement.
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback from management and make adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Ability to meet internal Firm deadlines (time entry, billing, etc.) ‘
- Experience with pass-through entities and high-net worth individuals and family groups is a plus.
- Healthcare/Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan Participation with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria/Section 125 Plan
- Professional Development
- Transportation Benefits
- Payroll Direct Deposit
About the firm
Heffler, Radetich & Saitta LLP is an equal opportunity employer, with employment opportunities for highly motivated and skilled professionals. We offer a dynamic work environment that fosters teamwork, professional development and career advancement. As a premier certified public accounting and consulting firm based in Philadelphia, we serve a diversified clientele nationwide and provide challenging career opportunities to our employees.
We value the safety of our employees. Once on building property, masks and social distancing are required in the building and walking throughout our office space.
For more information, visit us at www.heffler.cpa.