Status: Staff Accountant – Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
Experience: 0-3 Years
Why Work Here? “Great benefits, work environment, & opportunities for career advancement.”
Heffler, Radetich & Saitta LLP, founded in 1941, is a full-service regional CPA and consulting firm located in Center-City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are now celebrating our 80th year in business! Our clients include S Corporations, C Corporations, Partnerships, trust, estates, not-for-profit organizations, and highnet-worth individuals and family groups. We have immediate openings for Staff Accountants.
- Conduct Third-Party desk reviews and audits of Medicare Cost Reports submitted to the government annually by various types of Healthcare Providers, such as: Acute Care Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Home Health Agencies, Renal Dialysis Facilities, etc.
- Perform other attest engagements, including forensic accounting and field examinations
- Perform various compilation and review services
- Adhere to professional quality control and client service standards
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be a licensed CPA with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5 or more years experience with a strong background in progressive tax compliance, public accounting experience, and tax return preparation.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) report and writing tools, GoSystem Tax Software, RIA, QuickBooks, CCH or Thomson Reuters Engagement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Accurate and time-efficient with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet client and Firm deadlines (due dates, time entry, billing preparation, etc.)
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload
- Maintain a professional demeanor while working with clients and co-workers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Solid knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Strong computer skills; Excel and Word Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Analytical thinker
- Team player willing to learn and share ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Eligibility and desire to become a CPA
- Ability to work up to 45 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 0-3 years experience, recent college graduates welcome
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan Participation with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria/Section 125 Plan
- Professional Development
- Transportation/Section 132 Plan
- Payroll Direct Deposit
About the firm
Heffler, Radetich & Saitta LLP is an equal opportunity employer, with employment opportunities for highly motivated and skilled professionals. We offer a dynamic work environment that fosters teamwork, professional development and career advancement. As a premier certified public accounting and consulting firm based in Philadelphia, we serve a diversified clientele nationwide and provide challenging career opportunities to our employees.
Due to Heffler Radetich & Saitta, LLP’s work on government contracts, all our employees are required by Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. You will need to provide official documentation of fully vaccinated status to our Human Resources Department on your first day of employment.
We value the safety of our employees. Once on building property, masks and social distancing are required in the building and walking throughout our office space.
For more information, visit www.heffler.cpa.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year