TAX SERVICES GROUP
Status: Tax Manager – Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Licensed CPA
Experience: 5+ Years
Heffler, Radetich & Saitta LLP, founded in 1941, is a full-service regional CPA and consulting firm located in CenterCity Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are now celebrating our 80th year in business! Our clients include S Corporations, C Corporations, Partnerships, trust, estates, not-for-profit organizations, and high-net-worth individuals and family groups. We have an immediate opening for a Tax Manager in our Tax Services Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Run client engagements from start to finish, including planning, executing, directing, researching, completing tax projects, and managing budgets.
- Expand, strengthen, and maintain profitable client relationships.
- Supervise, train and mentor tax accountants and interns on tax projects and take on a leadership role when needed.
- Review accounting work done by staff for accuracy
- Prepare tax returns for more complex clients
- Prepare accounting records and consult with clients on ways to improve business financial reporting operations.
- Recognize potential problems and propose cost-effective solutions.
- Conduct business-specific research; gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports, and make effective recommendations.
- Continue to develop personal skills by seeking and completing appropriate training
- Perform other managerial duties as the position may require
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be a licensed CPA with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5 or more years experience with a strong background in progressive tax compliance, public accounting experience, and tax return preparation.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) report and writing tools, GoSystem Tax Software, RIA, QuickBooks, CCH or Thomson Reuters Engagement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Accurate and time-efficient with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet client and Firm deadlines (due dates, time entry, billing preparation, etc.)
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload
- Maintain a professional demeanor while working with clients and co-workers
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan Participation with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria/Section 125 Plan
- Professional Development
- Transportation/Section 132 Plan
- Payroll Direct Deposit
About the firm
Heffler, Radetich & Saitta LLP is an equal opportunity employer, with employment opportunities for highly motivated and skilled professionals. We offer a dynamic work environment that fosters teamwork, professional development and career advancement. As a premier certified public accounting and consulting firm based in Philadelphia, we serve a diversified clientele nationwide and provide challenging career opportunities to our employees.
We value the safety of our employees. Once on building property, masks and social distancing are required in the building and walking throughout our office space.
For more information, visit us at www.heffler.cpa.